Tuesday 15 October 2013

Conditioning Cardio Circuit

Hi guys,
Want to switch it up from just running on a treadmill? This cardio circuit absolutely killed me today so I thought I'd share since you're always asking for what I do for cardio. I just found a spot in the gym, gathered all the things I needed and started! It does involve a lot of equipment you'd only probably get in the gym so it's not really an at-home workout. If your gym doesn't have one of the items, simply substitute the exercise that uses it for another i.e. if you don't have a medecine ball, hold a kettle bell or dumbbells.

Warm-up, two sets each with five exercises.
30 seconds on exercise
10 seconds rest
Do each set 3 times
Works out at around a half hour workout :)

Things you will need:
- dumbbells (I used 6kg)
- medecine ball (I used 8kg)
- 8kg log (if your gym doesn't have this, you can use dumbbells)
- a box of some sort (the one I used was about half a metre tall)
- 8kg kettlebell

Warm up:
5 minutes on the bike, go fast and hard and you should be sweating by the end of the warm up.

Set 1:
1. Push-ups (I managed to do 5 full ones before I had to go on my knees hehe)
2. Crunch stand-ups (basically do a crunch, and then stand up, then lie back down)
3. Box steps with 8kg medecine ball
4. Squat and press with 8kg log
5. Mountain climbers
**Remember to do this three times before moving on to the next set of exercises**
Also by the end of the first time through this, I was sweating!


Set 2:
1. Squat jumps with 8kg medecine ball
2. Curl press with 6kg dumbbells (basically do a bicep curl, then an overhead shoulder press, then squat and then do it again! Really good and works lots of muscles. Thanks ShayCarl!)
3. Lunges holding dumbbells
4. Kettlebell swings
5. Crunches (sit fully up, none of your pussy crunches haha)

So hope you enjoy. As I said at the beginning, if you find you don't know one of these exercises, simply switch it for another one. If you're doing this, try to switch it for an exercise that also works that part of the body. For example, not much point in switching crunches for more squats because the point is you work out your whole body!

LOVE YOU xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment